Medicare Outreach and Assistance Resources
Debbie Bisswurm, Medicare Outreach Coordinator
Cell (608) 228-8098
A broad network of community partners provides Medicare counseling for Wisconsin residents. Working together, we ensure Medicare beneficiaries can make confident, well-informed health insurance decisions, and get help when they need it.
Two federal grants fund this work:
- The State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) grant supports local agencies in providing outreach, counseling, and enrollment assistance to Medicare beneficiaries and their families.
- The Medicare Improvements for Patients and Providers Act (MIPPA) grant supports local efforts to increase awareness about low-income subsidies (LIS), Medicare Savings Programs (MSP), Medicare Part D in rural areas, SeniorCare Level 1, and Medicare's preventive benefits.
Look through the links below to find what you need or contact us to help with questions like:
- Where can I find newsletter articles about Medicare’s preventive benefits?
- What materials can I use to promote LIS or MSPs in my county?
- Do you have any materials in other languages?
Find What You Need
Brochures and Posters
Educational Videos for Outreach
Ideas of the Month
Open Enrollment Toolkit
Trainings-Medicare Outreach and Assistance