Jane Mahoney, OAA Consultant
Cell (608) 228-8096
Facilitating a support group requires patience, fortitude, and creativity. This toolkit provides helpful tools to get you started and keep you going as you work with caregivers in a group setting. Resources include:
- Toolkit Support Documents provides various documents to assist in the facilitation of your support group.
- Creating an Effective Support Group guides you through the preparation stages of starting a support group and also covers meeting format and how to handle challenging situations during the group meeting.
- Support Group Topics provides a list of topics, possible speakers, handouts, and where to find the handouts.
- You will also find a separate list of possible speakers for a Grandparents and Relative Caregivers (GRC) support group and an example of Support Group Guidelines.
- Remaining headings are individual topics that you can cover at support group meetings. Each heading contains:
- Topic handout for attendees and/or to place in your newsletters as an article on caregiving
- Customizable postcard explaining the discussion topic to send to members
Good luck as you work with caregivers in this important and effective way!
Find What You Need