As a partner with county and tribal aging programs (whether you are an office on aging or an ADRC), GWAAR is your resource for up-to-date SAMS/SAMSIR (Beacon) information, training, and technical support.
Wisconsin county and tribal aging programs can get SAMS/SAMSIR assistance by contacting GWAAR’s SAMS/SAMSIR lead, Carrie Kroetz.
The following are resources for county and tribal aging program staff
SAMS (Social Assistance Management System) is a comprehensive consumer and case management system designed by Harmony to meet the demands of social service organizations. SAMS offers a wealth of key features, offering:
- Full integration of consumer record management, to include management of caregiver/care recipient relationships, and comprehensive service recording.
- Consumer referrals between any organizations within a statewide database, extensive journaling, and action management.
- High-volume service unit data entry using Rosters, and optionally, SAMScan, and service delivery management.
- Flexible reporting, allowing deployment for one office, or a whole state.
SAMS serves county and tribal aging units within Wisconsin; it also provides state and federal reporting requirements.
SAMS Technical Support
For technical support on the SAMS program, contact GWAAR’s SAMS/SAMSIR lead, Carrie Kroetz.
Harmony for Aging I&R provides thorough call tracking, powerful search functions, flexible and meaningful reporting, full incorporation of the AIRS taxonomy, and an intuitive user interface that makes data entry a breeze. Harmony for Aging users can see new consumers and referrals made through Harmony for Aging I&R immediately on their dashboard, and can collaborate with other I&R users. Harmony for Aging I&R facilitates NAPIS Reporting on I&R activities, tying in I&R to case management, ultimately achieving outcome-based measurements, all with a single point of entry.
With Harmony for Aging I&R you can:
- Seamlessly and securely integrate with Harmony for Aging (SAMS) to track a consumer from the point of initial intake throughout the entire service delivery lifecycle.
- Track all consumer contacts, including incoming calls, outgoing calls, walk-in visits, and more.
- Manage all resource data in a single, consolidated database.
- Maintain all aspects of a call, including topics discussed, outcomes, activities, and follow-ups, notes, and more.
- Swiftly perform keyword, service and resource searches, and make referrals to any organization, for any service, using the intuitive search and referral features.
- Easily assign all five levels of the AIRS taxonomy to services for intuitive searching and reporting.
- Utilize custom intake assessments to track different consumer data based on unique needs.
- Conveniently track historic calls via the Harmony for Aging Information & Referral Call Log.
- Report on all I&R data, including call activity, referrals made, resources most referred to, and many other vital data points.
- Share resource data with other AIRS-compliant systems.
- Optionally upload resource data to your organization’s ADRC site using Harmony for Aging Web Resource Center.
SAMSIR serves Aging and Disability Resource Centers (ADRCs) within Wisconsin; it also provides state and federal reporting requirements.
SAMSIR Technical Support
To find technical support of SAMSIR (Beacon), contact Carl Nelson from the state office.
SAMSIR/Web and BeaconWEB™
SAMSIR/Web and BeaconWEB™ present your Harmony SAMSIR or BeaconIR™ resource data to consumers and others on the web. With one click on the familiar SAMSIR or BeaconIR™ interface, authorized users publish their most current local I&R resources on consumer-friendly web pages.
SAMSIR/Web and BeaconWEB™’s comprehensive search tools allow internet users to search resources by name, service category, location, and/or need. Search results and resource information are presented to users in an intuitive, easy-to-understand layout. All information on BeaconWEB™ is also accessible with assistive technology devices (e.g., screen readers) and compliant with accessibility standards so that everyone can find resources on your Website.
SAMSIR/Web or BeaconWEB™ is easily integrated into any existing or AGIS Network-powered Website so that you can link your constituents directly with your SAMSIR or BeaconIR™ list of resources. This valuable solution extends your investment in SAMSIR or BeaconIR™ and lets you quickly and inexpensively serve online consumers even when your office is closed for the day.
- Publish SAMSIR or BeaconIR™ data to a public website with one click.
- Configurable interface allows service providers the ability to maintain their own data.
- Avoid double-entry or data maintenance for internal SAMSIR and BeaconIR™ and public information.
- Simple yet comprehensive search controls for your constituents to find providers, including look up by organization name, service category, location, or key phrase.
- Drill-down to individual resource details, display map to locations and link to providers’ external Web resources.